lauantai 10. huhtikuuta 2010

Sunny Day

Today was a great and sunny day, I put on my skirt and went for a walk (aka shopping) with my boyfriend. I bought a few books - Heräämisopas, comic album by Arktinen Banaani and Retkidikter. Heräämisopas and Arktinen Banaani were both comics, first one made fully by my favourite Finnish bad humour artist, Pertti Jarla. And I also like to support some of the Finnish comic artists, though really rare of them actually are good (sorry - but the fake-artist-emo-s**t isn't really for me). Retkidikter was a great palindrome poem book made by Simo Frangén and Pasi Heikura. I will post one of their poems here as a teaser, unfortunately its not in English and probably wouldn't make any sense even if I tried to translate it:

Gin Tonic (by Simo Frangén and Pasi Heikura)

Aa.
Viinaa sitruksilla.

Kallis kurtisaani ivaa.

After our walk we went to Oluthuone Kaisla, one of the best "beer houses" in Finland. It serves my absolute favourite beer at the moment, Ola Dubh. Its damn expensive but you can enjoy a bottle every once in a while. On this weekend is also the Helsinki Beer Festival 2010. Unfortunately I won't be there, have to sort things out before leaving to Mallorca on next Friday. Bye-bye whiskey clinic, maybe I will see you next year!

1 kommentti:

  1. Mahtavaa palindromi kikkailua :) Mun ehkä täytyy joskus lainata sulta toi kirja.

    VastaaPoista